Monday, January 11, 2016

The Five Second Rule Doesn't Work For Eggs

Wow! It's been a while! I almost forgot how to handle Blogger!


Actually, that's not true. I totally remembered. I just wanted to be dramatic.


Anyway, I won't make excuses. Except for these: chronic illness is tough, and balancing work and shows make it tougher.
But seriously, who could say no to assistant directing this?!

Sadly, No Wasted Words was the party that suffered most. I am sorry, my thousands of adoring fans!

Ok, maybe tens. At best. But you are still awesome!

Anyway, I've been going over my last posts and I've pretty much figured out that while the topic may be interesting, the articles are SO. BORING. The voice drones on like Ben Stein calling for Ferris Bueller.

It was an attempt to be professional from my days writing for my college newspaper. Geez, I hope I wasn't as boring when I was writing for that. I'm going to pretend I was fascinating, though, and that I'm merely shaking off the dust.

You see what lying to yourself can do? I feel so much better now.

As you can probably guess, I did not complete the Reading Challenge for 2015. *insert failure theme song here*

There were just so many BAD books that I picked up *cough*shadowsedgemymaureenlipinski*cough*! I couldn't take it anymore. So instead, I ended up reading a ton of books that did not fit onto my challenge list.

I never said I wasn't reading, just that I wasn't reading THOSE books.

You want to know what I'm reading now? No? Well, too bad.

I'm reading Yes, Please by Amy Poehler! Yay!


My husband was taking a nap when I started. I was only reading the introduction, but I kept laughing and woke him up.

Ladies and gentlemen, there are causalities in the War on Illiteracy. It is sleep. I think it's a sacrifice we're all willing to make, though. I look back fondly on books that kept me up all night reading. I may have been kicking myself the next day, and I may have lied about my grogginess by saying I was at a raging party to seem cooler, but the memories are still fond.

Anyway, let this remind you that if you drop something you can always pick it back up (except eggs) and go on your merry way.

So the morals of the (lack of) story are:

Don't Give Up
You Can Always Pick Up A New Book
Being Sick Stinks
The Five Second Rule Doesn't Work For Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment